Monday, March 1, 2010

Wicked... OMG

So I was off work last week and decided to read my brains out. I read about 7 books. I watched a few movies in between.
The one book I read that was so long awaited was Wicked by Gregory Maguire. Wicked has recently come to Dayton's Shuster (sp)Center. I am too cheap to buy a $100-125 ticket. So I ordered the book on Ebay for $7. WOW!!!!
Now my most fav movie is Wizard of Oz. I love it. So I had to read the books. This book was just incredible. There were a few times I got a little confused but I still none the less enjoyed this book immensely. The way the characters flow the way they speak. Geez just the whole interaction of the book together was astonishing. I would have to rate this book as a 9 on my book like level because it had me from page one. I read this is less than 48 hours and it is pretty small print. So if anyone likes the Wizard of Oz and wants to get a refreshing look at behind the scenes - aka what happened before Wizard of Oz, this is the book to read. It does steer a little off from the movie but it does it with great style. It makes it seem so real. Now I am going to order Son of a Witch.
And if you dont like Oz stuff, you can always read Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister - this book is about Cinderella. It was intriguing also. It paints the characters in such a different light that what you gather from the movies you have seen and stories you were told as a child. I have also read his Lost book, it was a little ho hum for me but still I read it all the way through. It didnt grab me as much until near the middle of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment