Monday, January 3, 2011

New Years Eve... am I wrong??? lol

So my kids secretly thought they were going to get out of spending NYE with me! How dare they! We have always spent it together... there was only one NYE that I was not with them and that was because I was attempting to leave my x husbands at the time and my sis came and got my kids for a week.
My kids do not understand why I do this every year. I have never wanted to be out on NYE. People are crazy. They do stupid things. I would prefer to be home with my babies and no drama and no bs! So we hang out, watch tv, play games, computers... whatever! I just want it to be a fun relaxing night. I dont care if others are there, I just want to be home with my kids to bring in the new year. They have acted like it is the most imposing thing I ask for! Apparently I should just go ahead and get a gun to hold to their heads! Sheez! And they are boys! It was almost as dramatic as having teenage girls lol.
I want my kid to understand when they are older, nothing is better than being with the people you love to bring in the new year! When they have kids, I want them to be home with them and play games and just hang out. Being out there on "holiday" nights is dangerous. I just feel there is more of a risk on those nights then regular ones. Especially with NYE. Holiday stress can make people do crazy things, but after holiday stress with make them do stupider things!
Plus it gives me a great excuse for not having to be out and around crazies... no one ever bitches to me when I say "Oh I cant, I always hang out at home with my kids for NYE"! So I got to thinking... my boys are 15 & 13 (2) what am I going to do when they graduate and move??? I will have no excuse... maybe I should adopt! lol

4 comments:

  1. no way, who wants to go back to the days of diapers and drooling?
    i stayed home for nye with brooke & my mom this year while chris & my dad went to see tron. it was fun & no worries about drunk drivers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe I should just kidnap all my siblings kids! lol well maybe that would be worse than a hangover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a good plan, then you can give them back later & you still get to use the excuse of spending it with kid family members.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love being home with my family on New Year's Eve being warm and cozy by the fire....Don't blame you one bit for the plans you wanted....

    Thanks for your amazingly sweet words on my blog. I hope I can continue to inspire you and would love to see some of your projects....

    I look forward to getting to know you.

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete